This recipe was given by my friend’s mother. Like always I love experimenting with cooking and is a very easy to make.
5-8 soaked cashews
3-4 red chillies
1 lemon sized tamarind piece
1/2 cup grated coconut
- Grind the items under masala into a fine paste with some water.
- Take a tsp of oil in kadai and fry chopped tomatoes. Once the tomatoes are cooked add in chopped potatoes and salt. Saute then.
- Add in 1-2 cup of water just enough to cook the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked add the grinded masala and 1tbsp of Hing.
- Mix everything very well and allow it to come to a boil.
It tastes best with boiled rice according to my friend’s mother. This recipe is a authentic Konkani recipe. Do try it out and let me know how you like it!