I love experimenting with food. Since am a vegetarian sometimes it seems like there’s limited number of options but I love them. I also love trying replacements for meat in recipes. Though I can’t tell if it tastes the same I believe it’s a good challenge.
I was at home to celebrate Deepavali/Diwali. A week long vacation where I literally just sat in couch or slept most of the times. I don’t own an oven in Bangalore so anything that requires baking I try it out at home.
Given below is my version of Stuffed mushrooms , you can modify them to suit your taste.😊
Boiled potatoes -2 medium
Mozarella cheese 1 cup grated
Green chillies – 2 finely chopped
- Clean the mushrooms in running water. Separate the stem of mushrooms and chop them finely.
- Fry the chopped stem and finely chopped onion with pinch of salt and some herb seasoning . I added pasta seasoning.
- In a bowl mash the potatoes. Add in some salt, grated cheese and the fried onion and stem mixture.
- Make small falls to fill in the mushroom. I tossed mushroom in olive oil before this step.Garnish with coriander leaves and more cheese.
- Now in a baking tray, put 1 tsp olive oil and spread it evenly. You can use a brush if u have. Add in some some semolina or bread crumbs and place this stuffed mushrooms.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 250℃ for 10-15 mins until the mushroom looks little shrieked(cooked)
This recipe was a hit at home. This is a good option as starters.My mother who doesn’t like mushrooms loved this.😁