Am going to share a very simple chutney recipe which is a perfect accompaniment to dose /dosa or even with rice as a side dish.
Doses and chutneys are a staple in South Indian household and I have seen my Amma prepare numerous varieties of them. This recipe is a modification of a Shunti/ginger chutney prepared by my mother.Here goes the recipe.
Chana dal/ hurikadale 2 tbsp
Coconut grated 1/2 cup
Ginger 1 inch
Green chillies 2
Oil 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Red chillies 1-2
- Fry channa dal in oil till its colour starts slightly browning. Add grated coconut at this stage and fry some more.
- Blend the above mixture with little water ,ginger, green chillies and salt.
- Blend till you get a fine paste.
- Add water to the chutney to adjust consistency as per your requirement. For accompaniment with rice we keep it thick and don’t add tempering or water.
- For tempering , heat oil in a tadka pan.Add mustard seeds and red chilli.Remove from flame once mustard seeds start spluttering and add it to chutney.
Hope you enjoy this recipe.